28 October 2011

Creating Opportunities to Relax

Merriam Webster’s dictionary defines the word “relax” as follows: “to seek rest or recreation.” I believe that’s a deceptively simple definition. After all, the catch (isn’t there always a catch?) is having an opportunity to relax--but that much is up to us. Or is it, really? As I’m sure you could, I’m able to rattle off a laundry list of things that stand in the way of relaxing. There’s work. There’s having a social life--which can sometimes be an extension of work. There’s staying physically fit. And then there’s all of the “stuff” I have to do, running errands and such. ‘After I’ve done everything I’m supposed to do, I don’t have time left to relax,’ is what I’ve been told when I’ve asked people if they make relaxation a priority.
But it’s precisely for the reasons I listed and the limited down time they create that relaxing is so vitally important. Yes, having opportunities to relax is up to us.
I truly believe that relaxing must be a priority if we want to be healthy, happy and whole beings. But this doesn’t come without some effort. We have to make opportunities to relax. I often share my thoughts about relaxation and its benefits with our staff at Cambridge Beaches. I encourage them to relax and I’m happy to say that our team subscribes to the notion of relaxation as a priority, something to be valued and, indeed, cherished. This mindset, our mindset, is reflected in the Cambridge Beaches culture and lifestyle.  
While any resort destination would offer “relaxation” as a selling point, what makes us both unique and exceptional is our approach to creating opportunities for our guests to relax on their terms. This begins with our understanding that each guest has a different take on what relaxation means. We gently and intelligently engage our guests to learn from them what would make their individual experiences as relaxing, pleasurable and memorable as possible. Some are able to tell us straight away, ‘A, B and C,’ while others provide subtle clues during their stay with us.  Creating opportunities for our guests to relax requires us to strike a balance between being conscious of and intuitive about their needs.
If you’ve visited our Facebook page recently, you’ve seen pictures we’ve shared of some of our repeat guests who chose Cambridge Beaches for escape, sanctuary and respite in a frenetic world. The next time you create an opportunity to relax, we hope you will consider Cambridge Beaches.
Cheers!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you.